Tuesday, May 19, 2009

i know, i know...

another day, another blog.
but i feel like this time (well, hopefully) this is serious.

so where does a girl start?
i'm ruth ann.
i'm twenty-two.
i have big brown eyes.
i live in a picture-perfect blue house.
i have 2 labradoodles named Mozart and Stanzi.
i'm not trying to hit on you.
i laugh a LOT.
i'm full of smiles.

but the very most important thing I could ever say is that
i am utterly, totally,without restraint, freely, and beautifully in love with Jesus Christ-
the actual person, and not just the "thought" or nicety or convenience of Him, no, but the man that was fully God who lived a sinless and blameless life that exchanged His own perfect blood

for,well,
for me...

the one who was everything opposite of His character: hateful, proud, blasphemous, lying, cheating, deceitful, lustful, vindictive, idolatrous, alcohol-loving, drug-abusing, pretending to be everything I never was, Me.

i am undone by the fact that despite all this, His love did not waiver. Despite my shortcomings, He fufilled a promise of redemption. I owe Him my life.


The Gospel of Jesus Christ is my life now, and it will be until the day I die, and then into eternity.
and i can think of absolutely NO greater purpose or calling or destiny than to live a life wholly devoted to the gospel, and wholly devoted to giving glory to God in everything.



when i am weak, He is strong.
and I am in love.





No comments:

Post a Comment